POSITION: International and Immigrant Student Outreach Assistant (Summer Job Posting)
Term: June 25 to August 24, 2012 (9 weeks)
Wage: $13.50/hour, 35 hours a week
The successful candidate will be responsible for outreach to the international and immigrant student community, and the development of working relationships local colleges, universities and embassies. They will also be responsible for promoting those parts of the Rideau Institute Internship Program that could increase the involvement of international students in the internship program.
• Has undertaken coursework in political science, government relations and/or public administration.
• Possesses a good understanding of Canadian politics and the structure of government in Canada. Media relations would be an asset.
• Was registered as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution during the preceding academic year and plans to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Thorough knowledge of the programs of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
• Good oral and writing communication skills in English
• Proficiency in French an asset
• Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills
Qualified applicants should submit their resume, by email, along with a covering letter and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Rideau Institute is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.